Monday, April 15, 2013

"Funny Honey" from "Chicago"

Sometimes I'm right.
Sometimes I'm wrong.
But he doesn't care.
He'll string along.
He loves me so,
That funny honey of mine.
Sometimes I'm down
And sometimes I'm up,
But he follows 'round
Like some droopy-eyed pup.
He loves me so,
That funny honey of mine.
He ain't no sheik.
That's no great physique.
And Lord knows he ain't got the smarts.
But look at that soul!
I tell ya that whole is a whole lot greater
Than the sum of his parts.
And if you knew him like me
I know you'd agree.
What if the world
Slandered my name?
Why, he'd be right there
Taking the blame.
He loves me so
And it all suits me fine,
That sunny, funny, honey hubby of mine.
He loves me so,
That funny honey of mine.
Lord knows he ain't got the smarts.
Now he shot off his trap.
I can't stand that sap.
Look at him go,
Ratting on me.
With just one more brain
What a half wit he'd be.
If they string me up,
Well, I'll know who brought the twine.
That scumy, crummy, dummy hubby of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment