Sunday, August 5, 2012

Man In Chair from "The Drowsy Chaperone"

Oh, it was ruined, wasn't it? One note away from the end of the show and it was ruined. The mood is broken. (Pause)
I should just start the record again from the beginning. No. I can't do that, can I? Oh, it's so frustrating. You have to understand, I love this show so much. My mother gave me the record. This was just before my father left us. He didn't leave because of the record, although I'm sure it didn't help matters. Look I know it's not a perfect show; the spit take scene is lame and the monkey motif is labored. It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry with in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?

No comments:

Post a Comment